India is a fast-growing market for stainless steel hinges, with the door industry expected to see a solid growth of 5% from 2021-2026. In Delhi, a hub for hinges manufacturers, many new players have entered the business, offering a plethora of options to consumers. To help customers make informed purchase decisions, here are some key factors to consider when evaluating the quality of stainless steel hinges:
- Raw material quality:
- The right choice of raw material is crucial for a high-quality hinge.
- Stainless steel hinges should undergo a non-magnetic test to verify the quality of the stainless steel alloy, which should contain nickel for increased corrosion resistance and durability.
- In order to cut costs and increase profits, some manufacturers may deliberately reduce the thickness of the hinge.
- To verify the average weight of the hinge with the weight claimed by the manufacturer, customers can always perform a weight test.
- Manufacturing process:
- Manufacturing stainless steel hinges requires precise tools, machinery, highly skilled professionals, and the right attitude.
- Small errors in the process may lead to defects that can be spotted.
- Hinges with wider and uneven gaps between their leaves should be avoided as they may become flimsy over time, resulting in poor load-carrying capacity.
- High-quality stainless steel hinges always have narrow and even spaces between their leaves.
- Polishing is an important and expensive part of the production process.
- Some manufacturers may cut costs in this area, resulting in poorly polished hinges.
- Customers can easily identify poorly polished hinges by checking for powder-like spots in bright light conditions and fine lines/scratches on the holes of the hinge.
In summary, by keeping these factors in mind and doing their research, customers can make the best purchase decisions for their needs. Explore our range of stainless steel hinges available at our online store now.